BB and freelancer search facilities
Thread poster: xxxLia Fail
xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:30
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 10, 2005

I wonder if anything can be done about these problems (which may in fact be a problem of my computer).

1. Blue Board: I searched for an agency and turns out there are 3 entries, and to read/enter ratings I clicked into each in turn. But each time I 'returned' I had to start all over again, enter country, enter name, open page, etc.

2. Feelancer: Searching for freelancers, the same happened, whenever I entered a profile then 'returned', the page was not available, so I had to start the search process all over again, from the beginning, for each freelancer profile I wanted to vist.

Wouldn't it be possible to have the profiles of agencies and translators open as a new window? And also the Forum and KudoZ (when contributing, I sometimes want to have open 2 windows, one for my answer, and one to refer back to the previous postings).

Direct link Reply with quote

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Agree Feb 10, 2005

Ailish Maher wrote:

Wouldn't it be possible to have the profiles of agencies and translators open as a new window? And also the Forum and KudoZ (when contributing, I sometimes want to have open 2 windows, one for my answer, and one to refer back to the previous postings).

Having the settings disappear when using search is indeed annoying.

As a workaround - depending which browser you use, but usually when right-clicking the link you should have an option to "open in new window". Certainly in Mozzilla it is possible and I use this most of the time (unless I automatically click the left button...)

HTH
Magda

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
'Open in new window' is the solution Feb 10, 2005

Hi Ailish,
I believe the 'workaround' suggested by Magda is, in fact, the solution, as it leaves you a choice of working with several windows or 'clicking through'.

I regularly use the context menu - works a charm.

Best regards,
Ralf

xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tanks Magda and Ralf:-) Feb 10, 2005

That's a new one for me, how useful!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BB and freelancer search facilities

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs