https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/29285-bb_and_freelancer_search_facilities.html

BB and freelancer search facilities
Thread poster: Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:29
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 10, 2005

I wonder if anything can be done about these problems (which may in fact be a problem of my computer).

1. Blue Board: I searched for an agency and turns out there are 3 entries, and to read/enter ratings I clicked into each in turn. But each time I 'returned' I had to start all over again, enter country, enter name, open page, etc.

2. Feelancer: Searching for freelancers, the same happened, whenever I entered a profile then 'returned', the page was not available, so I h
... See more
I wonder if anything can be done about these problems (which may in fact be a problem of my computer).

1. Blue Board: I searched for an agency and turns out there are 3 entries, and to read/enter ratings I clicked into each in turn. But each time I 'returned' I had to start all over again, enter country, enter name, open page, etc.

2. Feelancer: Searching for freelancers, the same happened, whenever I entered a profile then 'returned', the page was not available, so I had to start the search process all over again, from the beginning, for each freelancer profile I wanted to vist.

Wouldn't it be possible to have the profiles of agencies and translators open as a new window? And also the Forum and KudoZ (when contributing, I sometimes want to have open 2 windows, one for my answer, and one to refer back to the previous postings).

Collapse

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Agree Feb 10, 2005

Ailish Maher wrote:

Wouldn't it be possible to have the profiles of agencies and translators open as a new window? And also the Forum and KudoZ (when contributing, I sometimes want to have open 2 windows, one for my answer, and one to refer back to the previous postings).

Having the settings disappear when using search is indeed annoying.

As a workaround - depending which browser you use, but usually when right-clicking the link you should have an option to "open in new window". Certainly in Mozzilla it is possible and I use this most of the time (unless I automatically click the left button...)

HTH
Magda

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
'Open in new window' is the solution Feb 10, 2005

Hi Ailish,
I believe the 'workaround' suggested by Magda is, in fact, the solution, as it leaves you a choice of working with several windows or 'clicking through'.

I regularly use the context menu - works a charm.

Best regards,
Ralf

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tanks Magda and Ralf:-) Feb 10, 2005

That's a new one for me, how useful!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BB and freelancer search facilities

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »