Mobile menu

A little bit more info on featured pro...
Thread poster: Jabberwock

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:06
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Feb 21, 2005

I think that it would be nice to have some more info in the "featured pro" window. I know the tag is displayed too, but I like "personal" tags much more than dry "Spa-Ger legal translator". Therefore, for the window to be a little bit more informative, it might contain the primary language pair and field.

Or, as an alternative, provide another line (beside the tag) to be filled up by the pro, which would be seen in the "featured pro" window only.

Direct link Reply with quote

Mihail M Mateev
Bulgaria
Local time: 17:06
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
may be... Feb 22, 2005

.. also the year, not only the date & month, when one became Platinium, has to be visible ... right now I see one platinium, whobecame such since April 02 ... but which year, it is not known .......

Michele Johnson  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Language pairs should be displayed Feb 22, 2005

I definitely agree and have thought this for a long time. As it is now, people click on the Featured Pro primarily because it's just another "pretty face." Very occasionally a tagline will pique my interest, I think "oh, maybe we should collaborate" and then find out their language pair is Martian --> Venutian or something else that I don't need.

Are companies visiting proz.com really expected to click on the featured pro? As it is now, it's really nothing more than a beauty contest. Also, since we are encouraged *not* to put language pairs into our taglines, it's typically a beauty contest + vapid self-marketing ("fast and accurate", "best in the world", etc). This seems pretty ineffective/inefficient to me.

-Michele

Sven Petersson  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Wee space problems displaying language pairs Feb 22, 2005

Please see http://www.proz.com/pro/21654

Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 17:06
Member (2003)
English to Russian
+ ...
... Feb 22, 2005

misho wrote:

right now I see one platinium, whobecame such since April 02 ... but which year, it is not known .......

Apr 02 means April 2002

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A little bit more info on featured pro...

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs