Mobile menu

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Please remove "More translators and interpreters: [your language pair(s)]" from our profiles
Thread poster: Mirko Mainardi

Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:58
Member
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 13

Maria Kopnitsky wrote:

Dear Mirko,

Thanks for bringing this up. I agree that paying members of the site should be able to hide this prompt to other service providers in their profiles. I will ask development staff to update this as soon as they can, and will post here with any updates.

Best regards,

Maria



Thank you Maria, appreciated.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Elif Baykara  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 03:58
Member (2015)
German to Turkish
+ ...
Thank you! Mar 13

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

Maria Kopnitsky wrote:

Dear Mirko,

Thanks for bringing this up. I agree that paying members of the site should be able to hide this prompt to other service providers in their profiles. I will ask development staff to update this as soon as they can, and will post here with any updates.

Best regards,

Maria



Thank you Maria, appreciated.


Thank you, both Mirko, for bringing this issue up and Maria, for your solution-oriented approach.

I was surprised when I realized this case. Moreover, "visitor view" being a "not-an-accurate-visitor-view" is a bit disturbing. I hope that this small detail will also get a solution.

Elif


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:58
Member
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:) Mar 14

Elif Baykara wrote:

Thank you, both Mirko, for bringing this issue up and Maria, for your solution-oriented approach.

I was surprised when I realized this case. Moreover, "visitor view" being a "not-an-accurate-visitor-view" is a bit disturbing. I hope that this small detail will also get a solution.

Elif


You're welcome Elif


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Maria Kopnitsky
Local time: 21:58
SITE STAFF
Option to disable now available Mar 16

Dear members,

The option to disable this prompt has now been made available for paying members of the site. To do so, just click "Disable" in the "Referrals" section of your "Settings" tab: http://www.proz.com/?sp=profile&sp_mode=settings&sp_submode=referrals

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Maria


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 21:58
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you Mar 16

Maria Kopnitsky wrote:

Dear members,

The option to disable this prompt has now been made available for paying members of the site. To do so, just click "Disable" in the "Referrals" section of your "Settings" tab: http://www.proz.com/?sp=profile&sp_mode=settings&sp_submode=referrals

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Maria


Done!

Thank you


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:58
Member
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 16

Maria Kopnitsky wrote:

Dear members,

The option to disable this prompt has now been made available for paying members of the site. To do so, just click "Disable" in the "Referrals" section of your "Settings" tab: http://www.proz.com/?sp=profile&sp_mode=settings&sp_submode=referrals

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Maria


It works. Thanks again Maria.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

writeaway  Identity Verified

Local time: 02:58
Partial member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Thank you Maria! Mar 17

Maria Kopnitsky wrote:

Dear members,

The option to disable this prompt has now been made available for paying members of the site. To do so, just click "Disable" in the "Referrals" section of your "Settings" tab: http://www.proz.com/?sp=profile&sp_mode=settings&sp_submode=referrals

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Maria


It's now gone from my profile page too. Thank you so much!


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:58
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Where is it? Mar 17

Maria Kopnitsky wrote:

Dear members,

The option to disable this prompt has now been made available for paying members of the site. To do so, just click "Disable" in the "Referrals" section of your "Settings" tab: http://www.proz.com/?sp=profile&sp_mode=settings&sp_submode=referrals

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Maria


One of the problems I have with Proz is its labyrinthine navigation system. I am completely unable to understand where the "Referrals" section of my "Settings" tab is. If my "Settings" tab is this (see picture), where is the "Referrals" section?


Screen Shot

...and I think this thing should be OFF by default, anyway. It's only by chance that I happened upon this thread. Others may never know!

[Edited at 2017-03-17 15:22 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Maria Kopnitsky
Local time: 21:58
SITE STAFF
From the "Settings" tab of your profile Mar 17

Hello Tom,

Your "Settings" tab can be found here: http://www.proz.com/?sp=profile&sp_mode=settings

The "Referrals" section can be found about halfway down the column on the left: http://www.proz.com/?sp=profile&sp_mode=settings&sp_submode=referrals

Just click the "Disable" button there after the text "When viewing your ProZ.com profile..." and you should be all set.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Best regards,

Maria


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:58
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Thanks but Mar 17

Maria Kopnitsky wrote:

Hello Tom,

Your "Settings" tab can be found here: http://www.proz.com/?sp=profile&sp_mode=settings

The "Referrals" section can be found about halfway down the column on the left: http://www.proz.com/?sp=profile&sp_mode=settings&sp_submode=referrals

Just click the "Disable" button there after the text "When viewing your ProZ.com profile..." and you should be all set.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Best regards,

Maria


Thanks Maria- I've done it now but that was incredibly hard to find.


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Pages in topic:   < [1 2]


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please remove "More translators and interpreters: [your language pair(s)]" from our profiles

Advanced search






PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs