Mobile menu

Shouldn't visitors have the possibility to escape?
Thread poster: Gerard de Noord

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:24
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 10, 2005

Clients visiting through a link to my ProZ-profile have no other means of escaping than manually editing the URL. I'd be in favour of a Home button in my profile.

Regards,
Gerard

Direct link Reply with quote

mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not only your clients Jun 10, 2005

Whenever I visit any translator's page I have to click on 'Back'. I agree that a Home button would be great there.

Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
I would suggest adding a full navigation apparatus Jun 10, 2005

mónica alfonso wrote:

a Home button would be great there

I would suggest adding the whole top menu bar

[Edited at 2005-06-10 02:57]

Momoka  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:24
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
A Home button Jun 10, 2005

mónica alfonso wrote:

Whenever I visit any translator's page I have to click on 'Back'. I agree that a Home button would be great there.

I need one, too.

Sara Freitas
France
French to English
It could be that there's a reason for this... Jun 10, 2005

I always just assumed that it was because the site wanted the personal pages to function as homepages for each member. After all, you wouldn't want to give a potential customer your link, and then have him/her navigate around the site and find *another* translator.

This never bothered me because I always assumed it was a rational choice on the part of the site.

Maybe someone from the site staff can expalin it to us...

Sara

Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Dead ends Jun 10, 2005

I have noticed a few instances in which one comes to a dead end. This is also the case when finished filling out a survey - all of the sudden you're at the end with no where to go. Hitting the back button doesn't really help because the previous page can not be loaded without "sending the information again". Some kind of "Home" button (on all pages) really would help.

[Edited at 2005-06-10 09:49]

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 23:24
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Sara is right, that's the reason Jun 10, 2005

Sara Freitas-Maltaverne wrote:
I always just assumed that it was because the site wanted the personal pages to function as homepages for each member. After all, you wouldn't want to give a potential customer your link, and then have him/her navigate around the site and find *another* translator.
Sara

I remember that it was explained once, long ago.

If I use the link to my profile page as a promotional tool in my signature, for instance, when I bid (outside ProZ), I wouldn't appreciate that thanks to me the client finds a mine full of translators and forgets about me and how he reached Proz.com.

Claudia

Michael Bastin  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
+ ...
no that hard.. Jun 17, 2005

for your potential customer to just type www.proz.com which is the address they would see in the address bar. But I agree that not everybody would think about that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Shouldn't visitors have the possibility to escape?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs