Source/target language and per-character bids
Thread poster: Philip Ronan
Philip Ronan
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:53
Japanese to English
+ ...
Jun 14, 2002

The ProZ page for submitting bids for jobs has a place where I can enter my rate for the translation per word. But perhaps this could be a bit more flexible. For example, I have two long-standng clients for Japanese-English translations. One pays per character in the source text; the other pays per word in the target language. So how about adding another option (\"per character\") to the rate menu for far-Eastern languages, and allowing the bidder to select whetehr the rate refers to the source or target language? Please tell me what you think.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Source/target language and per-character bids

Advanced search

Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
TransPDF.com PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs