how about email notification when receiving a message through a profile
Thread poster: Elodie Rousseau
Elodie Rousseau
Elodie Rousseau
Mexico
Local time: 15:33
English to French
Jul 8, 2005

The other day, I received a job offer via a message through my profile and although I was connected, since I had many Internet Explorer pages opened at the time, I just didn't notice that message until many hours later. I felt a little frustrated I lost a job opportunity.

Would it possible to receive an email notification saying a message has been sent via your profile or something similar?

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 17:33
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Questions Jul 8, 2005

Hi Elodie

I think that you mean that you received your offer via "instant" messenger and not via your profile, am I right? You mean via the P icon.

I'm afraid in this case it's not possible to notify by e-mail.

I think that Instant messenger is good just to make the first contact. If you don't refresh a Proz.com page for ten minutes the icon turns red. When you quit, it takes ten minutes to become red too. If the person really wants to contact you the best
... See more
Hi Elodie

I think that you mean that you received your offer via "instant" messenger and not via your profile, am I right? You mean via the P icon.

I'm afraid in this case it's not possible to notify by e-mail.

I think that Instant messenger is good just to make the first contact. If you don't refresh a Proz.com page for ten minutes the icon turns red. When you quit, it takes ten minutes to become red too. If the person really wants to contact you the best way is sending a message via your profile. And I don't think you were talking of this kind of messages, otherwise you'd be asking for e-mails to notify e-mails.

Claudia
Collapse

Elodie Rousseau
Elodie Rousseau
Mexico
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, I was talking about the P icon Jul 8, 2005

But the thing is that I think I did refresh the page many times, but since I was only looking at the questions or forums, I never scrolled up and so couldn't noticed that there was a P blinking in my member info.
It never happened to anyone else?
Anyway, thanks for the answer, Claudia.

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
Yes, Jul 8, 2005

Elodie Rousseau wrote:
it happened to me, too.
Nothing important was lost, but nevertheless I would appreciate a ProZ.com messenger email notification, too.
To ensure it won't bother any messenger chatting colleagues, it could have to be activated by clicking a check box in the profile settings.

elzosim
elzosim  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:33
English to Greek
+ ...
Quite common Jul 9, 2005

Elodie Rousseau wrote:
\

Has happened to me too.
Some clients think this is the most direct and fast way to contact you for an urgent request. But this is a myth, since
it is very easy to miss the alert.
An additional e-mail notification would be great if feasible.

Eleftheria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how about email notification when receiving a message through a profile

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »