Nizamettin Yigit
Nizamettin Yigit  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 18:02
Dutch to Turkish
+ ...
Jul 22, 2005

Hi,

I think having a field "member since" for all proz.com members would be good. What happens if a platinum member takes a one year break of the platinum subscription?

Platinum information should stay but it may be helpfull for a proz.com job poster or anyone who is in search of a freelance translator or agency to know since when this member is member of proz.com.

Remember there may be projects that are not posted but communicated with a list of translator
... See more
Hi,

I think having a field "member since" for all proz.com members would be good. What happens if a platinum member takes a one year break of the platinum subscription?

Platinum information should stay but it may be helpfull for a proz.com job poster or anyone who is in search of a freelance translator or agency to know since when this member is member of proz.com.

Remember there may be projects that are not posted but communicated with a list of translator(s). Criteria for this type of communication may be: CV at profile page, area of erxpertise, how long is he being a free lance translator, is he a real and reliable person (e.g. ID verified) etc. And yes I gues "member since" could help this type of people or project poster in evaluating bids.

Is it to much to ask?

Regards

N. Yigit
Collapse

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:02
English to Turkish
+ ...
IMO, not too much to ask, but Jul 25, 2005

"Platinum since" information is already provided in profile pages (and it starts from the first date you became a platinum, even if you took a break in between). Also, "member since" and "platinum since" infos are provided in the New Directory, and/or also in Blue Board entries. (I said and/or, because not all provided at all places I guess, you should check.) And you can enter "member since" info in your profile page yourself - at least until a pre-defined space is provided, if it gets provided... See more
"Platinum since" information is already provided in profile pages (and it starts from the first date you became a platinum, even if you took a break in between). Also, "member since" and "platinum since" infos are provided in the New Directory, and/or also in Blue Board entries. (I said and/or, because not all provided at all places I guess, you should check.) And you can enter "member since" info in your profile page yourself - at least until a pre-defined space is provided, if it gets provided. I, personally, am for leaving the profile pages as much non-predefined as possible, though. HTHCollapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"member since" and "platinum since" fields at profile pages

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »