Sorting the shown topics at forums by recent postings
Thread poster: Kirill Semenov

Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:36
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Aug 16, 2005

As far as I understand, right now forum topics are sorted according to the time when they were started.

I propose to show forums at the main page (and at the `Recent Forums' page available via a link under the Forums section at the main page) according to the time when the most recent postings were paid. I think it's more convenient way to track the newest forum postings at proZ.

Added: By the way, this is how the forum topics are sorted at local forums, but the main/general forum pages at proZ behave differently.

[Edited at 2005-08-16 15:58]

Direct link Reply with quote

Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:36
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Good idea. Aug 16, 2005

I have thought about this myself, and think it would be a good idea to have both options (ie sorting by most recent post or by most recent topic, with the possibility to switch between the two). Sometimes you don't want to track a thread but are still interested to know where a hot discussion is taking place, and I find the "new posts since your last visit" doesn't work all that well for me.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sorting the shown topics at forums by recent postings

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs