Delete questions closed without grading
Thread poster: Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:06
English to German
+ ...
Aug 22, 2005

I would suggest that questions that have been closed by the asker should be immediately deleted from the "open questions" list or, at least, be blocked for answering.

For example, for the following question, it is indicated that "closed without grading: http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1121233.

Why then is it that I can still provide an answer?

Not always you will pay at
... See more
I would suggest that questions that have been closed by the asker should be immediately deleted from the "open questions" list or, at least, be blocked for answering.

For example, for the following question, it is indicated that "closed without grading: http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1121233.

Why then is it that I can still provide an answer?

Not always you will pay attention to the tiny notice that a question had been closed.

The same, IMO, should apply to questions that have been squashed. Why would they still appear on the list, and only after opening the link we are informed that we should not answer them anymore?

To me, this doesn't make any sense.

I understand it's not a major issue - it shouldn't happen too often that questions are closed without grading. But mabe worth thinking of.

Thank you for attention.

Steffen

[Edited at 2005-08-23 07:24]
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 21:06
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Hi Steffen Aug 22, 2005

Steffen Pollex wrote:

I would suggst that questions that have been closed by the asker should be immediately deleted from the "open questions" list or, at least, be blocked for answering.

then is it that I can still provide an answer?[...][/quote]

It has always been possible to add an answer to a closed question. Imagine that the asker selects an answer and you think it's wrong, you can add yours. Of course, it won't be able to be selected and get the points, but it will be there for those who look at KudoZ answers and glossaries.
But these closed questions should not be visible in the list of open questions, and this could be a bug. Our techies will need some links to help them to fix this. If you have them, please send a Support Request.

The same, IMO, should apply to questions that have been squashed. Why would they still appear on the list, and only after opening the link we are informed that we should not answer them anymore?

To me, this doesn't make any sense.

You're right, a squashed question should become invisible immediately from all listings, and it used to do so, I think it's a bug related to all the new changes in KudoZ. Same suggestions than for the previous comment.

Claudia

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Closed questions can get points Aug 22, 2005

Hi Claudia,

Closed questions can get points. I once closed a question without grading (by declining all the answers, because none of them were satisfactory) and four years later somebody came along and provided a sensible answer. I was able to award that person 4 points.

Astrid

Claudia Iglesias
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Wow! Aug 22, 2005

My first reaction was that I had not imagined this could be possible, but on second thought I understand what happened. You didn't close the question, you just declined the answers you had got. Until now these were two different actions, I don't know how this is going to work with the new design.

Claudia

Astrid Elke Johnson wrote:

Hi Claudia,

Closed questions can get points. I once closed a question without grading (by declining all the answers, because none of them were satisfactory) and four years later somebody came along and provided a sensible answer. I was able to award that person 4 points.

Astrid

Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I was talking about questions Aug 22, 2005

that have been closed without grading. Maybe you did not pay attention, Claudia.

If the asker chooses that he does not want to receive answers to that question, why should we waste time and try to answer?

Claudia Iglesias
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Agree, Steffen Aug 22, 2005

Steffen Pollex wrote:
If the asker chooses that he does not want to receive answers to that question, why should we waste time and try to answer?

It sounds logic, for me at least. I'll remember your suggestion when we talk about this.

Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Delete questions closed without grading

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »