Do not allow multiple "agree"s with KudoZ questions. (staff: 'there are valid reasons')
Thread poster: TService (X)
TService (X)
TService (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:53
English to German
Jun 28, 2002

The problem\'s well-known: Some people agree to almost any KudoZ suggestion given.

I cannot figure out why they act that way - maybe it\'s a kind of fun having one\'s own name displayed with every suggestion.

This does not help the asker - it does confuse people seeking for help if there are multiple suggestions given and the same person agrees to all of them, even if they\'re different like day and night.

My suggestion: Only ONE agree should b
... See more
The problem\'s well-known: Some people agree to almost any KudoZ suggestion given.

I cannot figure out why they act that way - maybe it\'s a kind of fun having one\'s own name displayed with every suggestion.

This does not help the asker - it does confuse people seeking for help if there are multiple suggestions given and the same person agrees to all of them, even if they\'re different like day and night.

My suggestion: Only ONE agree should be allowed. If someone changes his mind he should be able to erase his / her prior agreement to one term and could THEN be allowed to agree to another suggestion.

I know this wouldn\'t be easy to implement - but it would be of help.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-06-07 11:25]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-06-07 11:26]
Collapse

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:53
German to English
+ ...
Doing anything for BrowniZ Jul 2, 2002

Maybe the ProZ staff could simply restrict the number of \"agree-BrowniZ\" available to each person for each question posted, irrespective of the number of \"agrees\" given by one and the same person. That might deter the culprits. I don\'t know if that\'s technically feasible though.

However, I do agree that the number of \"agree\"s should be limited to one, but only for identical answers. Where several different answerers have posted identical answers (can happen), I\'ve
... See more
Maybe the ProZ staff could simply restrict the number of \"agree-BrowniZ\" available to each person for each question posted, irrespective of the number of \"agrees\" given by one and the same person. That might deter the culprits. I don\'t know if that\'s technically feasible though.

However, I do agree that the number of \"agree\"s should be limited to one, but only for identical answers. Where several different answerers have posted identical answers (can happen), I\'ve noticed certain peers awarding their \"agree\" to each and every one. I honestly don\'t see the point in that. I thought the deal was - and please correct me if I\'m mistaken - that if two answers are identical, the first one posted merits the \"agree\".

Keep it up, folks! It\'s a pleasure (most of the time).
Collapse

Nitza Ramos
Nitza Ramos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:53
Spanish to English
+ ...
I totally "agree" Jul 8, 2002

I posted this subject some time ago and the way I see it is that you cannot agree with all the answers on a particular word or sentence. I do understand that sometimes two different answers can be correct, depending on the context (which sometimes is not very well defined), but agreeing to all or almost all the answers can be very confusing to the person asking for our help. I think it is very unprofessional and in my opinion these people are only looking for points, and as Cilian points out \"... See more
I posted this subject some time ago and the way I see it is that you cannot agree with all the answers on a particular word or sentence. I do understand that sometimes two different answers can be correct, depending on the context (which sometimes is not very well defined), but agreeing to all or almost all the answers can be very confusing to the person asking for our help. I think it is very unprofessional and in my opinion these people are only looking for points, and as Cilian points out \"if two answers are identical, the first one posted merits the \"agree\".

Nitza
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 15:53
SITE FOUNDER
There can be several valid translations for a term... Jun 7, 2005

... so we feel it is OK to agree with several answers. Thanks for the topic.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do not allow multiple "agree"s with KudoZ questions. (staff: 'there are valid reasons')

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »