HALL OF FAME instead of BLACK LIST
Thread poster: Robert Pranagal
Robert Pranagal
Robert Pranagal
Local time: 04:27
English to Polish
+ ...
Oct 15, 2001

My opinion is that a black list of agencies on ProZ.com is not a good idea.

Simply because there is no means of verifying that the translator\'s complaint is justified. And any litigations from agencies would go against ProZ.com. Let us not forget that the agencies may have justified reasons why they are not paying translators (bad quality, missed deadlines, incomplete jobs, ect.)

I am sure that none of us would like ProZ.com to be sued because some tra
... See more
My opinion is that a black list of agencies on ProZ.com is not a good idea.

Simply because there is no means of verifying that the translator\'s complaint is justified. And any litigations from agencies would go against ProZ.com. Let us not forget that the agencies may have justified reasons why they are not paying translators (bad quality, missed deadlines, incomplete jobs, ect.)

I am sure that none of us would like ProZ.com to be sued because some translator felt that he or she should \"punish\" the agency they are angry with.

Instead, why don\'t we create a HALL OF FAME FOR AGENCIES?

Translators could award points (say DudoZ or whatever you like to call them) to agencies.

We could make for example the following score table:

4 - payment within one week

3 - payment within two weeks

2 - payment within one month

1 - payment within three monts

0 - payment later than three mohths

The list could also be structured so that we could see a number of \"VOTES\" in each of the above categories.

For example:

Agency DudoZ 4 3 2 1 0

XXX 15 1 3 1 0 1

It means that XXX agency scored total of 15 DudoZ points. One translator was paid within one week (1x4=4), three translators were paid within two weeks (3x3=9), one translator was paid within one month (1x2=2) and one translator was paid after three months (1x0=0).

The numbers and categories are just an idea.

The bottom line is that :

WE HAVE TO KEEP IT ON THE POSITIVE SIDE.

The hall of fame I described above would enable us to see the payment practices of agencies at a glance.

In case of the aforementioned XXX agency, it is clear that it is a very good payer. One case of late payment probably is justified.

Compare it with another imaginary agency: YYY

Agency DudoZ 4 3 2 1 0

XXX 15 1 3 1 0 1

YYY 15 0 0 1 14 3

You can see, that despite the same total DudoZ, the profile indicates that the YYY agency is a late payer.

Anyway, it is just an idea. We do not have black lists of translators, neither should we have one for agencies.

By no means should we go \"against\" the agencies. Most of them are honest and reliable.

WE NEED TO PRAISE AND AWARD GOOD PRACTICES.
[addsig]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HALL OF FAME instead of BLACK LIST

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »