My KudoZ: term > answer given
Thread poster: Heike Behl, Ph.D.

Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:05
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Sep 19, 2005

In the Kudoz questions I answered in the past, one column heading is "term > answer given".

However, what this column actually shows is "term > answer chosen".

I'd prefer to see my answers in all cases, i.e. whether my answer was chosen or not. If possible, both, my answer *and* the chosen answer, would be great.

Direct link Reply with quote

Maria Diaconu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 12:05
English to Romanian
term > answer given Sep 19, 2005

Heike Behl, Ph.D. wrote:

In the Kudoz questions I answered in the past, one column heading is "term > answer given".

However, what this column actually shows is "term > answer chosen".

You are right.
It used to show term > answer given, as far as I remember. Has it changed recently to show the term chosen, but the column heading has remained unchanged? In this case, the heading is inaccurate.
Besides, I don't see the point of showing the term chosen, since the list is intented to show "my answers" and not someone else's. I wish it would change back to the old format.

Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:05
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Definitely Sep 19, 2005

The current listing of selected answers instead of the suggested answers defeats the purpose of the listing. It's misleading - my list of answers contains entries I wouldn't want to be associated with.

Amy Williams  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:05
Italian to English
+ ...
I agree Sep 19, 2005

Not sure why it was changed...?

Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:05
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Agree with Klaus Sep 20, 2005

Klaus Herrmann wrote:
It's misleading - my list of answers contains entries I wouldn't want to be associated with.

The same for me...in quite a few cases!

Could we have the previous display restored (Term>answer given as a heading and relevant entries in the column)?

Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My KudoZ: term > answer given

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs