optional extra profile pages in other languages
Thread poster: Vladimir Dubisskiy

Vladimir Dubisskiy  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:59
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 21, 2005

I am not sure whether it had been suggested before...
I simply believe (based on previous tries) that the multilingual localization of the whole site is bulky, time-consuming, inefficient and unnecessary goal.

Instead it would be nice to have (optional)copies of the member profile page (let it be only for Platinums) in several (one -two) other languages. Or, say, to have not 1 profile page, but 2 (3) pages in a row, say blank pages, where one can put her/his info in other (than English) languages.

What do you think, compadres?

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sounds good! Sep 21, 2005

I think you have an excellent idea there. People might want to tailor their presentations to different languages and markets, and your suggestion would give them a chance to do so.

I think that could really fly!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

optional extra profile pages in other languages

Advanced search

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs