optional extra profile pages in other languages
Thread poster: Vladimir Dubisskiy

Vladimir Dubisskiy  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:22
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 21, 2005

I am not sure whether it had been suggested before...
I simply believe (based on previous tries) that the multilingual localization of the whole site is bulky, time-consuming, inefficient and unnecessary goal.

Instead it would be nice to have (optional)copies of the member profile page (let it be only for Platinums) in several (one -two) other languages. Or, say, to have not 1 profile page, but 2 (3) pages in a row, say blank pages, where one can put her/his info in other (than English) languages.

What do you think, compadres?

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:22
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sounds good! Sep 21, 2005

I think you have an excellent idea there. People might want to tailor their presentations to different languages and markets, and your suggestion would give them a chance to do so.

I think that could really fly!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

optional extra profile pages in other languages

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs