Mobile menu

Suggestion to
Thread poster: fareedeh ghassemi
fareedeh ghassemi
Local time: 22:17
English to Farsi (Persian)
Nov 27, 2005

one special location on's home page to be designed for questions which are very infrequent for example Turkish/ Arabic/ Chinese to Persian language or vice versa as well as other languages which may be only one time appear on the home page and no one can see them on their pre established pairs.

Direct link Reply with quote

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:47
English to Turkish
You can see them on the homepage if you choose Nov 27, 2005

Hi Fareedeh,

If I didn't misunderstand you, the solution to your problem should be easy. If you want to follow the questions in, for example Turkish to Persian, just enter them in your profile as languages of interest (note that you don't have to show this pair on your page), and then you'll be able to see any questions posted under "Your Prefs" in the Kudoz list published on the homepage.

Hope this clarifies.

fareedeh ghassemi
Thank you Nov 28, 2005

Thank you. Turkish to Persian is an example; I have seen some questions that no body had answered them because such pairs usually are not expected. Of course, you know better than me, since you know that how many people had read and viewed them but not answered. I talk about those questions which have not a chance to be read and answered. As well as some persons are familiar with some languages but due to some reasons had not written them in their profile so they not receive notification about questions in such languages.

David Knowles  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:47
Member (2002)
Russian to English
+ ...
How about Language X to or from anything? Dec 18, 2005

I agree with this. I recently looked for someone who would be able to answer a Mediaeval French question (expressed in English but about Mediaeval French). There's only one person registered with an interest, and she only records Mediaeval French to English. However, it's quite possible she could answer a lot of questions about Mediaeval French.

Now, you could say she should record it as a monolingual choice, but it might help to have a general option "Lang X Any", or to have the software look at the number of people available to answer the question, and then generalising the search if it was less than (say) 10 people.

fareedeh ghassemi
Thank you very much Dec 18, 2005

It is a very good idea. I also suggest to to establish one pair for posting without specific language questions as well as design one more option other than agree, neutral, disagree for example I read your answer and it was good and thank you.

[Edited at 2005-12-18 17:27]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestion to

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs