Can we do better than Geobytes
Thread poster: Russell Jones

Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:25
Member (2004)
Italian to English
Dec 4, 2005

In his "2005 Accomplishments", Henry asks "Have you noticed an increase in the number of potential clients contacting you via your profile page?"
I certainly have. Unfortunately Geobytes is identifying no more than 25% of the IP addresses, even allowing for the fact that many of the "visitors" are only search engine crawlers (it would great if these could be identified incidentally).
Another outcome of the increased numbers is that Geobytes is blocking me if try to check about 2 days' entries.
Trying a few other sites at random, I am finding much better results with Whois (or the redirection to Ripe).
Would it be possible for this function to be reviewed?

Direct link Reply with quote
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 12:25
I'll put it on the list Dec 4, 2005

Thanks, Russell.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can we do better than Geobytes

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs