Peter Bouillon  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:06
French to German
+ ...
Dec 10, 2005

Hello,

here's a suggestion that is probably easy to implement:

The "Forum" tab in the member profile is only visible to the owner of the profile. I can see that some members would have some concern should that tab be visible to everyone.

On the other hand, some members would not object. They might feel that their postings characterize them and that anyone was free to look up just what they have written so far.

How about making it switchable for each member whether that tab is globally visible (the default being "no")?

P.

[Edited at 2005-12-10 17:36]

Direct link Reply with quote

Can Altinbay  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:06
Japanese to English
+ ...
I can think of uses for this Dec 10, 2005

I have had times when I was looking for something I had seen in the forums, even knew who had posted it. It took time to find, though, since it had been more than a few days back. If I were, with the poster's blessings, of course, able to look at the poster's Forum tab, I could have found it much quicker.

Maria Diaconu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 05:06
English to Romanian
I would also like that Dec 10, 2005

I support this suggestion.

Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 05:06
Member (2005)
English to Russian
+ ...
I would like that too Dec 10, 2005

Not much to add... just my pro vote.

Cilian O'Tuama
German to English
+ ...
Fine by me... Dec 11, 2005

Peter Bouillon wrote:

(the default being "no")?

if the default is 'no', why not?

Nice (remaining) weekend to all,

JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 22:06
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I always thought it *was* open! Dec 11, 2005

I'm in favor, too. Maybe some of us would be more careful what we write in forums if we knew the record was permanent!

Now that the topic has been brought up, I can see that some might prefer "no." But why should it be the default? A clear, clickable "hide this posting" or "hide all forum postings," similar to the "hide this answer" option in Kudos, should do the trick. Either way, anyone's welcome to read my forum postings, just as they are to read all my old KudoZ questions and answers.

Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Why do I see only my most recent postings? Dec 11, 2005

I didn't know this feature until today, so I checked and I can see only one page.

Anyway, it would be certainly helpful to be able to look for postings from ones profile - and save us sometimes a lot of time!!!

Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Nice option... Dec 11, 2005

Sounds good!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestion: optionally open "Forum" tab for general view

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs