Outsourcer relationship management
Thread poster: Adam Podstawczynski

Adam Podstawczynski  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:39
Polish to English
+ ...
Jan 17, 2006

Dear all,

Wouldn't it be convenient to have a feature at that would allow translators to manage their relationships with agencies/outsourcers?

I imagine the feature as my private list of companies, be it from Blue Board or external ones, which I have already contacted. A sample entry -- entered by me and visible exclusively to me -- would contain e.g. the following information:

- Company name (with optional link to Blue Board and my Project History)
- Date when I have contacted them
- Have they responded?
- Have I done a test piece for them?
- Have I done any jobs for them?
- What rates have I offered them?
- Arbitrary comments box (PM names, specific invoicing instructions, have I signed an NDA with them, etc.)

To my best knowledge, currently this feature is not available at, and would make life easier. Many of us keep such information in an Excel sheet or a plain data file, or -- if a company that sounds a bell contacts us again -- resort to fiercely digging in e-mail folders for a hint.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:39
English to Chinese
+ ...
Nice idea Jan 17, 2006

Hi Adam,

Do think this is a nice idea. Seems this feature can be integrated into the present project management function.

Balasubramaniam L.  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:09
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Can be made a Platinum only feature... Jan 17, 2006

Such a feature will help translators keep track of their work flows and jobs. As it will be a specialized service gobbling up server space, it can be made a Platinum only feature, and thus provide further incentive for non-paying members to switch to paying mode.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Outsourcer relationship management

Advanced search

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs