Thread poster: Adam Podstawczynski (X)
Adam Podstawczynski (X)
Adam Podstawczynski (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:34
Polish to English
+ ...
Jan 17, 2006

Dear all,

Wouldn't it be convenient to have a feature at Proz.com that would allow translators to manage their relationships with agencies/outsourcers?

I imagine the feature as my private list of companies, be it from Blue Board or external ones, which I have already contacted. A sample entry -- entered by me and visible exclusively to me -- would contain e.g. the following information:

- Company name (with optional link to Blue Board and my Project History
... See more
Dear all,

Wouldn't it be convenient to have a feature at Proz.com that would allow translators to manage their relationships with agencies/outsourcers?

I imagine the feature as my private list of companies, be it from Blue Board or external ones, which I have already contacted. A sample entry -- entered by me and visible exclusively to me -- would contain e.g. the following information:

- Company name (with optional link to Blue Board and my Project History)
- Date when I have contacted them
- Have they responded?
- Have I done a test piece for them?
- Have I done any jobs for them?
- What rates have I offered them?
- Arbitrary comments box (PM names, specific invoicing instructions, have I signed an NDA with them, etc.)

To my best knowledge, currently this feature is not available at Proz.com, and would make life easier. Many of us keep such information in an Excel sheet or a plain data file, or -- if a company that sounds a bell contacts us again -- resort to fiercely digging in e-mail folders for a hint.
Collapse

Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:34
English to Chinese
+ ...
Nice idea Jan 17, 2006

Hi Adam,

Do think this is a nice idea. Seems this feature can be integrated into the present project management function.

Regards,
Jianjun

Balasubramaniam L.
Balasubramaniam L.  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 01:04
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Can be made a Platinum only feature... Jan 17, 2006

Such a feature will help translators keep track of their work flows and jobs. As it will be a specialized service gobbling up server space, it can be made a Platinum only feature, and thus provide further incentive for non-paying members to switch to paying mode.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Outsourcer relationship management

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »