https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/41542-credentials_improvement.html

Credentials improvement
Thread poster: Mark Smith
Mark Smith
Mark Smith  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:07
German to English
+ ...
Jan 19, 2006

Just a quick suggestion. I've just got my credentials verified, but it occurs to me that it would be better to put a qualification name and level (i.e. 'MA in Applied Translation Studies') in the relevant section, instead of just 'French to English (University of Leeds)'.

Peter Shortall
Peter Shortall  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Romanian to English
+ ...
Hear, hear... Jan 19, 2006

I agree - I have "IOL: French-English" for my Diploma in Translation, though there are other things it could easily be (like the DPSI). I do think that in cases like these, having the option of being more specific would be a good thing because the precise nature of a qualification could be of real relevance to whoever is out there reading it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Credentials improvement

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »