Sometimes the KudoZ autograder is wrong
Thread poster: Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:45
French to English
Oct 26, 2001

I agree that it is frustrating when a question is not graded. The new feature whereby the answer which receives the greatest number of \"agree\" gets the points, is not infallible. But then you probably knew that .

Here is one example where I got the points, but realised that another person ought to have been awarded the points as their answer was correct : http://www.proz.com/kudoz/95407, a fact w
... See more
I agree that it is frustrating when a question is not graded. The new feature whereby the answer which receives the greatest number of \"agree\" gets the points, is not infallible. But then you probably knew that .

Here is one example where I got the points, but realised that another person ought to have been awarded the points as their answer was correct : http://www.proz.com/kudoz/95407, a fact which I too expressed.

Never the less, this may not occur in the greatest number of cases and given the whole proz ethos of peer assistance, then it is perhaps one logical way to counter the problem of ungraded questions.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-10-27 01:54 ]
Collapse

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:45
German to English
+ ...
A possible solution Oct 26, 2001

I agree with you that awarding points automatically is not a perfect solution.

Sometimes, answers are only to point out the inappropriateness of the question or to point out that the asker is asking too much, and receive \'solidarity\' agree votes. I\'m not sure it\'s appropriate to award KudoZ points in these instances.

Would it be possible to change the criteria from 2 agree votes (or agree votes minus disagree votes) to 2 agree votes clear of any of t
... See more
I agree with you that awarding points automatically is not a perfect solution.

Sometimes, answers are only to point out the inappropriateness of the question or to point out that the asker is asking too much, and receive \'solidarity\' agree votes. I\'m not sure it\'s appropriate to award KudoZ points in these instances.

Would it be possible to change the criteria from 2 agree votes (or agree votes minus disagree votes) to 2 agree votes clear of any of the other answers? I\'ve seen instances where all the answers have received about 4-5 agrees, but the points have been awarded on a first come, first serve basis, which doesn\'t seem entirely fair.

Also, could the other answerers be informed when a question is graded in this way, in the same way as they are when an answer is selected using the normal channels?

Regards

Mary
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sometimes the KudoZ autograder is wrong

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »