Mobile menu

Helping is fine...
Thread poster: wrtransco
wrtransco
Local time: 16:19
German to English
+ ...
Aug 9, 2002

BUT I feel, it is a bit much to ask for entire sentences time and time again. IMO there should be a rule that the asker has to give at least his/her translation attempt. I do get the feeling at times that some translator do not want to \"bother\" to do their own research, because it is so much easier and faster to have other people do it.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:19
English to German
+ ...
KudoZ is for terms help Aug 9, 2002

...according to the KudoZ Rules of Etiquette. That said, I don\'t see a problem if someone has a problem with a particularly difficult sentence, and says so.

What is clearly unacceptable is if someone posts three long sentences - admittedly with a suggested translation - asking others to proof-read (as seen yesterday in DE>EN, and promptly squashed as a result).

What happens frequently in these cases is that members start commenting in the form of answers and/or peer grading comments. Sadly, we have seen this kind of \"discussions\" develop into mud-slinging only too often. That\'s exactly why the rules ask people to refrain from commenting on an asker\'s decision to post.

If you feel that someone is abusing the site in this way, please contact the moderator(s) for the pair confirmed.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Helping is fine...

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs