https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/4445-call_attention_to_the_best_kudoz_questions_of_the_month.html

Call attention to the best KudoZ questions of the month
Thread poster: Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:28
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 9, 2002

In the month that I have been hanging out at proz and contributing to Kudoz (as an asker and an answerer) I\'ve seen some absolutely cracking discussions and debates. I think it would be quite a nice touch to have something like a weekly \"Top 10\" selected from across the whole spectrum of languages (by a few of the moderators maybe). I for one would be curious if I was able to check out some of the discussions going on elsewhere, but I\'m not going to start trawling through the whole site. I g... See more
In the month that I have been hanging out at proz and contributing to Kudoz (as an asker and an answerer) I\'ve seen some absolutely cracking discussions and debates. I think it would be quite a nice touch to have something like a weekly \"Top 10\" selected from across the whole spectrum of languages (by a few of the moderators maybe). I for one would be curious if I was able to check out some of the discussions going on elsewhere, but I\'m not going to start trawling through the whole site. I guess it would mean more work for someone, and that might be a problem if you\'ve got more important fish to fry, but I still think it would be a nice idea.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-06-06 22:09]
Collapse

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Nice idea in theory! Aug 10, 2002

But how do you classify a good debate? The juiciest, mud-slingiest ones? Or the ones that discuss the particular linguistic merits of different options?

Personally, I follow the KudoZ questions in the languages I understand! And fascinating though a syntactical discussion in Slovenian-Urdu may be, I feel it would be sadly lost on me!

John Kinory (X)
John Kinory (X)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Don't be too modest, Mary Aug 11, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-08-10 10:29, MaryR wrote:

But how do you classify a good debate? The juiciest, mud-slingiest ones? Or the ones that discuss the particular linguistic merits of different options?

Personally, I follow the KudoZ questions in the languages I understand! And fascinating though a syntactical discussion in Slovenian-Urdu may be, I feel it would be sadly lost on me! ... See more
Quote:

On 2002-08-10 10:29, MaryR wrote:

Personally, I follow the KudoZ questions in the languages I understand! And fascinating though a syntactical discussion in Slovenian-Urdu may be, I feel it would be sadly lost on me!

We know that your Urdu is excellent, and your Slovenian is also not to be sneezed at

However, I agree that it\'s not easy to define a Top Ten discussion. Unless it\'s about ice cream, of course.
[addsig] ▲ Collapse

Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ice cream.... Aug 12, 2002

... good point, well made.... i\'ll get back to my raspberry ripple.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Call attention to the best KudoZ questions of the month

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »