Non-animated Moneybookers logo, please
Thread poster: Mads Grøftehauge

Mads Grøftehauge  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:50
English to Danish
+ ...
Apr 5, 2006

Hi,

I have enabled the options to pay via Paypal and Moneybookers on my profile page. The Paypal logo is nice and discreet, but the Moneybookers one is relatively large and, what's worse, an animated gif. I don't like those in general, and I would prefer not having one on my profile page -- competing for attention with my own info!

Another, less pressing thing is that the e-mail addresses I have given for the two payment options are fast turning into spam sponges. You might think about doing something about that or warn people better.

Thanks for the continued development of the site. I will strongly consider buying membership as soon as you stop the distasteful purchase-dependent sweepstakes. Those are illegal where I'm from, and I totally agree with the sentiment behind that legislation.

Sincerely,
Mads G

Alert if suggestion is developed: YES

Direct link Reply with quote

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:50
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Agreed Apr 5, 2006

I also dislike animated ads, and I would certainly prefer not to have one on my own profile page. I find them irritating when they occur on the ProZ homepage too. I should think they repel more potential customers than they attract.

English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the support Apr 5, 2006

Hi Jack,

Good to know that I have weighty support on the animated gif issue. I usually hit ESC on the keyboard whenever I see one (much too often; it's almost becomming a habit), but I can't expect others to even know that that's possible.

I'm surprised, by the way, because when I lodged my suggestion form the support pages, I didn't realise that it would be made public. Oh well, no harm done.

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:50
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Did you submit this as a support request? Apr 5, 2006

Was this a support request or did you make an entry in the "ProZ.com suggestions" forum, which is where this has appeared?
I checked the Support menu, and it has changed since I last used it myself. Previously you had to go to the FAQs page and on from the bottom of that if your answer wasn't there. Now you can enter the request directly and press "Enter Support Request".

I wonder if support requests are now being put into this forum automatically. I have seen the line:
Alert if suggestion is developed: YES
on one or two other occasions recently, and thought it was an odd thing for someone to enter, but if it is a standard format for a support request which is then published in this forum, that would explain it.

If this is now the practice, I think it may well be a good thing on most occasions, but I hope there is an option for just submitting the request without it being made public, as I can envisage circumstances in which people might want to use such an option.

English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message to site staff becomes post to the forum Apr 5, 2006

I just clicked on 'Support', then 'Suggestion'. At no point was I made aware that my message would be posted in the forum.

Javier Canino V.
Local time: 10:50
Wrong forum Apr 5, 2006

Hi Mads...

Thanks for using the site.

As you said..

Mads Grøftehauge wrote:

I just clicked on 'Support', then 'Suggestion'. At no point was I made aware that my message would be posted in the forum.

I'm sorry for this confusion, but those kind of messages are supposed to go to a special private forum for staff only. I have made the necessary changes so this problem wont happen again.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Javier
ProZ.com Staff

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Non-animated Moneybookers logo, please

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs