Mobile menu

Deleting KudoZ answers
Thread poster: pzulaica
pzulaica
Local time: 05:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 29, 2001

I don\'t know if this has happened to someone before, but sometimes you give your answer to a question and just after doing it you realize that you made a mistake, and you know that someone else gave a better answer, is there a way to:

a) Delete your answer

b) Agree that someone else is right and that your answer shouldn\'t be consider any more?

Thank you

Paula

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxJon Zuber
Spanish to English
+ ...
Just post again. Oct 30, 2001

As far as I know, there\'s no way to delete an answer, but if I wanted an answer removed from consideration I\'d just make another posting to that effect.

Hanna Burdon  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:09
English to Polish
+ ...
use the comment function Oct 31, 2001

You can agree with the answer you like best and in the comment field admit that you had made a mistake... I\'ve been known to do that - always feels a bit silly, but I think it\'s better to be honest!

pzulaica
Local time: 05:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I've done that too Oct 31, 2001

I just thought that it may be helpful to be able to erase one\'s own bad answers...

Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:09
French to English
The fateful "send" button Nov 1, 2001

Yes, we all do it. \"Send\". We do as we are told and ... oh, no! Too late, it\'s gone. It happens to us all. I don\'t think we can introduce a \"cancel answer\" button. Floodgate argument : for one honest person cancelling an answer they regret having posted, three or four others would withdraw their answer after having seen a whole host of other answers they judge better. Silly, but I think that is what would happen. I\'m against this idea.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deleting KudoZ answers

Advanced search

Websites for Translators
Build your new website, create a set of compelling graphics or find a new branding path with us.

We help both freelance translators and established translation agencies by applying online marketing strategies in the competitive world of languages. Click below to find out more!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs