Thread poster: Niina Lahokoski

Niina Lahokoski  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 20:12
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
+ ...
May 8, 2006

I think it would be nice, if the forum topics could be shown on the front page so that the topic with the most recent post would be shown first. This should not replace the current system but be an alternative. What do you think?

Direct link Reply with quote

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 19:12
English to Czech
+ ...
Topics sorted by most recent posts May 8, 2006

I agree. This has been already suggested several times.

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 12:12
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
The forum needs an update May 8, 2006

I also agree. If you compare these forums, they seem to be light-years behind other forums.

For example, in other forums you can search by keyword in the body or title of the thread, as well as by author. You can also search within a specific thread. Keep track of subscribed threads by email or in a separate area.

Threads can also be sorted by date, number of replies, etc. One feature that is missing too, is the ability to preview posts or WYSIWYG options.

I assume that because of the nature of ProZ, using a separate software is not possible, but it would be very useful to see one of these features implemented.

Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:12
Member (2002)
English to German
Better search functions / preview of posts May 9, 2006

Caliaa wrote:
For example, in other forums you can search by keyword in the body or title of the thread, as well as by author. You can also search within a specific thread.

...the ability to preview posts...

I sorely miss these features too.

Endre

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Topics sorted by most recent posts

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums