HTML in KudoZ
Thread poster: Oleksandr Melnyk

Oleksandr Melnyk  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 06:27
English to Russian
May 8, 2006

Hi,
I'm wondering if it's possible to use HTML when asking/answering questions, like it is in forums where you can simply put "img src="http://your_file..." and the image will automatically appear in your post. I've seen some questions before with links to graphic files (and those pictures weren't really big), so first I had to spend some time to follow the references and then to go back to answer the question, which was not very convenient. If that’s not an option, at least it would be useful to have a possibility to highlight the term or phrase in the explanation instead of just using ** **.

Thanks for any comments.
Oleksandr

Direct link Reply with quote

Irina Romanova-Wasike
Russian Federation
English to Russian
in support May 9, 2006

Personally I'd like such enhancement.
Recently while entering a question thought about the same.

Ala Rabie  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 05:27
Japanese to Arabic
+ ...
Professional presentation May 9, 2006

HTML should be enabled in absolutely every input system in ProZ. Job offers, Quotes, Kudoz questions and answers as well.

Suppose that I wanted to add a sample of JPGs or PDF that I would like to be translated, or if I wanted to highlight something in my quote. In the current system, only embeding the URL or adding special marks (i.e. *'s) is possible.

One example on the dropbacks of not supporting HTML would be when a roman script is embedded in a text written in RTL language; it turns the entire statement into an incomprehensible disaster.

I have sent a support ticket regarding HTML in Quotes, and the staff confirmed that no such feature is available in the mean time, but it will be added to the dev. suggestions.

I truely hope it gets activated soon.

~Ala
alamnesis.com

[Edited at 2006-05-09 11:22]

Joanna Borowska  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:27
English to Polish
I agree May 9, 2006

That would be a very useful addition. You've got my vote!

Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:27
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
My vote also May 19, 2006

Joanna Borowska wrote:
That would be a very useful addition. You've got my vote!

As enshrine suggested, and I would put it like this: every member input in ProZ should have HTML enabled unless there is a good specific reason why it should be disabled.
If a member makes a mistake in doing this, it makes a mess of their input, and they don't correct it quickly, that could be a valid comment on their HTML skills!
Oliver

Oleksandr Melnyk  Identity Verified
Ukraine
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
HTML and "Preview your question" mode May 19, 2006

Oliver Walter wrote:

If a member makes a mistake in doing this, it makes a mess of their input, and they don't correct it quickly, that could be a valid comment on their HTML skills!
Oliver

I think it's difficult to make a mistake as long as there is a "Preview your question" mode. For that, of course, HTML should work in the "Preview" window.

Oleksandr

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HTML in KudoZ

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs