Interaction beteween availability indicator and calendar
Thread poster: Sonja Tomaskovic
Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:31
English to German
+ ...
May 15, 2006

There are currently two ways of defining availability: one by changing the status of the availability indicator, which can be found in the left upper corner on the main page (below your login status and above your KudoZ and BrowniZ points), the other by changing the status in the calendar on the new profile page.

It would be nice if these two could somehow interact with each other. What I mean is if I am not available on a certain day, and I change my status in the calendar, it would be great if the availability indicator on the main page would reflect this without me having to change it manually.

So far, this is not the case.

I think that some people may not be using the new calendar feature in the new profile, and from previous forum postings I know that some people are quite happy with the availability indicator the way it works now.

Maybe members can choose which of these indicators they want to use in the future by disabling one and keeping the other.

Any thoughts on this?

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 13:31
SITE FOUNDER
The availability indicator is supposed to be set by the calendar... May 15, 2006

... and overwritten by your daily setting, if there is any.

If this is not the case, it is a bug. We'll check. Thanks!

Cetacea  Identity Verified
Switzerland
English to German
+ ...
Works fine in my case May 15, 2006

Henry wrote:

... and overwritten by your daily setting, if there is any.

If this is not the case, it is a bug. We'll check. Thanks!

It does in my case, so if it is a bug, it doesn't affect everybody. By the way, that's one of the things I like about the new profile format.

Keep up the good work!

Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for clarifying May 15, 2006

Thank you Henry for clarifying this.

Indeed, it did not work for me. I'll check once more and let you know.

Sonja

Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not working for me May 16, 2006

Unfortunately this feature does not work for me. I have changed my availability status in my calender, and today it is set to "Not available".

However, the availability indicator on the main page remains green.

Sonja

Walter Landesman
Uruguay
Local time: 14:31
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Availability in User Info doesn´t match the one in Profile Aug 19, 2006

The same has been happening to me for a few days. Availability in User Info doesn´t match the one in Profile.

There was a bug once and it seems to be back. Both availabilities seem not to be connected now.

I already placed a support ticket, but I thought I should let you know in case you haven´t noticed.

Walter Landesman
Uruguay
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hello??? Aug 22, 2006

Walter Landesman wrote:

The same has been happening to me for a few days. Availability in User Info doesn´t match the one in Profile.

There was a bug once and it seems to be back. Both availabilities seem not to be connected now.

I already placed a support ticket, but I thought I should let you know in case you haven´t noticed.

Is any body going to answer this message? Or my support ticket? Or fix this problem, please?

Walter

Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Seems to be ok for me Aug 22, 2006

Hello Walter,

both the availability indicator and the calender on my profile seem to work just fine.

One thing I have noticed is that you may not touch the availability indicator if you want it to interact with the calender in your profile. If you do so it takes at least another week before the indicator defaults back to the calender settings.

However, I haven't touched both features in a while now, so there still may be some problems with these two.

HTH.

Sonja

Walter Landesman
Uruguay
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Fixed Aug 24, 2006

The bug has been fixed by Colin.

Thank you Colin.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interaction beteween availability indicator and calendar

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs