Thread poster: jccantrell

jccantrell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:15
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Aug 28, 2002

I asked this question a while back, but have seen nothing come of it, so I thought I would throw it out again.

Is it possible to offer some sort of area where we could put helpful URLs, sorted by language and/or topic? I find many URLs being suggested in the Translator Resources area, but they scroll off quickly. I could search, but I keep forgetting that they are there.

I am thinking of a special area of the site where the person suggesting the URL could click a few boxes and put it into the proper area. Also, if the site is subsequently removed, a quick email from the person who discovers this to the moderator could have its \'deadness\' checked and get it removed from the list.

Any ideas, Jason? Henry?

Thank you for your attention and consideration in this matter.

Direct link Reply with quote

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:15
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Great idea Aug 29, 2002

Everytime I post links in Translator Resources, I try to summarize the content in the topic heading, and thus offer some kind of tab on it. However, if I did this every week, say, for finance... imagine how many \"Financial Glossaries\" you\'d have to open to retrieve them!

Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 09:15
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...

Great idea indeed! Aug 29, 2002

I full support JC\'s proposal.

All resources (eg. also dictionaries/CATS and other products for sale forums) need to have its own storage area, where one could have them organized in an efficient way.

For URLs, I think the should be organized by THEME and then language (multilanguage, eng, esl....etc)

Mats Wiman

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URL classification/storage

Advanced search

Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
TransPDF.com PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs