Question searches -- by Asker?
Thread poster: Tony M

Tony M  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:48
French to English
+ ...
May 26, 2006

Time and time again, I curse the lack of a facility to search/filter questions by a particular asker.

There are lots of reasons why this would be useful:

tracking a string of related questions from someone working on a particualr topic

looking back at something where you know who asked it, but can't find the exact term in a straight search

generally keeping track of people's asking patterns and styles

..and no doubt many other more case-specific reasons.

Would this really be such a difficult feature to provide?

Direct link Reply with quote

GoodWords  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:48
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
It exists May 26, 2006

I viewed your asking history by following this sequence: going to your profile, clicking on "Kudoz activity" and choosing the tab "Asked". Does this answer what you were looking for?

Tony M  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:48
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution found! May 26, 2006

GoodWords wrote:

I viewed your asking history by following this sequence: going to your profile, clicking on "Kudoz activity" and choosing the tab "Asked". Does this answer what you were looking for?

Ah, yes, well done --- I didn't know that worked! It's a bit cumbersome (you have to visit someone's profile page first to reach it), but it's a perfect solution to the occasional need.

Thanks ever so much for pointing that out!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question searches -- by Asker?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs