Mobile menu

Ideas for tabs and field selection
Thread poster: moken

moken  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 27, 2006

When browsing through the site, there are a couple of features I find would make the site a little more user friendly.

1. Unfolding dropdown menus for Top-of-page Tabs:

Finding different forum categories is a little time consuming. Couldn't the drop down menu unfold further when you mouse-over "Forums" under community, to at least offer you the main forum categories without going through the main forums page? The same could be applicable to other areas (maybe different options under My categories), not just on the tab bars but also for the left-side menus displaying main categories of the site area you are currently in.

2. Combo boxes in different field selection areas.

Some field selection boxes offer tremendously long lists of options: language selection menus, subject matter selection. This happens in many site areas, for example Term Search. A combo box where you can either type fields in (with an auto-complete function) or scroll down the list, would enable to select fields very quickly.

Thanks for considering.

By the way, congrats on the "Track Question" feature on KudoZ. I have only recently discovered it, but to be able to track a question easily seems a very good idea to enhance the KudoZ learning experience. Previously, I may very often have been puzzled by a question, not have known the answer, nor have been able to agree with any suggestion, but remembering to go back to that question was just too much for my to-do list.

And still on the subject of KudoZ, a question I asked some time ago, but never got to find out the answer:

What is the purpose of the "I think this is an interesting question" feature?

Contrary to other views, I think this could be an interesting feature to (subjectively) assess which types of questions the community finds most arousing. I only click this box very occasionally when, as I say, I am particulary aroused by the content, but I still don't know what it's for!

Thanks for listening,

Álvaro ))

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ideas for tabs and field selection

Advanced search

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs