Thread poster: langnet

langnet  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:35
Member (2002)
Italian to German
+ ...
May 31, 2006

Suggestion: adding a preview function BEFORE posting KudoZ answers and/or forum items.

I have been participating in some newspaper fora on the web and found this function very useful. Before you post your comment, you can see it as it would be actually displayed on the screen making appropriate corrections if necessary.

I often get aware of the mistakes I made when posting a KudoZ answer or a forum comment only after I hit the "send" button and see the text in all its beauty. So I add an "errata corrige" by inserting a note (KudoZ) or I use the edit button (fora). It's a bit annoying since a lot of mistakes, in my opinion, could be avoided by simply offering a preview mode. WYSIWYG

Direct link Reply with quote

Aliseo Japan  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 06:35
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
Spell Checker Jun 1, 2006

langnet wrote:
Suggestion: adding a preview function BEFORE posting KudoZ answers and/or forum items.

An on-line spell checker for non-native English speakers would help too when posting to the English fora.

Mario Cerutti
http://www.aliseo.com

Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:35
Member (2002)
English to German
Preview of forum posts -- yes please Jun 1, 2006

langnet wrote:

For forum posts, a preview would be the most important improvement I can currently think of.

As far as I know, the preview is already there for KudoZ questions.

Endre

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:35
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Spellchecker Jun 1, 2006

[quote]Mario Cerutti wrote:

An on-line spell checker for non-native English speakers would help too when posting to the English fora.

I'm a native English speaker and it would help me too, particularly in KudoZ answers, where I often make typing errors.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding a preview function for KudoZ and fora

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs