Mobile menu

Answers to 6 month old questions with no real information just for the Kudoz points
Thread poster: Carmen Cuervo-Arango

Carmen Cuervo-Arango  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 6, 2001

Someone is trying to get Kudoz points by looking for old non answered terms and giving no real answers, like “look in Google”. I have received 4 such answers lately from the same person to Italian > Spanish questions I sent to Proz.com in May. This obliges me to award undeserved Kudoz points, because someone has just “answered”. I gave him twice 1 point to avoid not closing my questions properly, and I have declined 2 questions today. Is this what I have to do? Is there a way to avoid receiving answers to questions that are 6 months old? I even do not remember which translation order they belong to!!!

Congratulations for Proz: it is the very best Internet tool for translators. Once you know this site, you cannot live without it!

Carmen Cuervo-Arango

Direct link Reply with quote

Lesley Clayton
France
Local time: 12:10
French to English
+ ...
How do they find these old questions? Nov 9, 2001

I don\'t know how to find questions that were posted two days ago, let alone six months!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Answers to 6 month old questions with no real information just for the Kudoz points

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs