Thread poster: Stuart Allsop
Stuart Allsop
Stuart Allsop  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 21:30
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 7, 2006

I'd like to suggest that a simple time stamp be added to the "asker notes" comments. At present it is often difficult to keep track of who said what when, especially for questions that were asked hours or days ago, and where there are multiple answers with many agrees/disagrees and comments and notes to/from the asker.

I often wonder if the "asker note" that I want to reply to, was posted before or after after one of the answers, or an agree / disagree, and if I'm maybe speaking ou
... See more
I'd like to suggest that a simple time stamp be added to the "asker notes" comments. At present it is often difficult to keep track of who said what when, especially for questions that were asked hours or days ago, and where there are multiple answers with many agrees/disagrees and comments and notes to/from the asker.

I often wonder if the "asker note" that I want to reply to, was posted before or after after one of the answers, or an agree / disagree, and if I'm maybe speaking out of turn, confusing the issue, or clarifying it!

Just a simple time stamp would suffice, such as the one that appears above each answer, like "(27 minutes)" or ("7 hrs") or whatever, realted to the time of the original question.

I think this would help to avoid confusion in many cases.
Collapse

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:30
English to Hungarian
+ ...
I agree Jun 7, 2006

It would be a helpful improvement indeed.

Attila

Margaret Schroeder
Margaret Schroeder  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:30
Spanish to English
+ ...
Me too Jun 7, 2006

Another vote in favour for the reasons expressed above.

I would expect it wouldn't be technically problematical, would it, since answers and comments are already time-stamped?

Claudia Luque Bedregal
Claudia Luque Bedregal  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
good idea! Jun 7, 2006

Yes, I agree with Stuart, it would be very helpful, so this is another vote in favour for the time stamp to the "asker notes"
regards,
Claudia

Elizabeth Ardans
Elizabeth Ardans  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 22:30
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
good suggestion Jun 10, 2006

This is a good suggestion! Thanks!

Stuart Allsop
Stuart Allsop  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 21:30
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The next step... Jun 11, 2006

Thanks everyone! It looks like this is a useful suggestion then.

So does anyone know what the next step should be? I thought that by posting in the "suggestions" forum that someone from Proz.com would notice and comment on the feasibility of implementing this idea, but I guess it doesn't work that way. So how do I draw the attention of the programmers to this thread? Does anoyone know?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Time-stamp on "Note(s) to/from asker".

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »