Mobile menu

How about custom settings for the Search Glossaries interface?
Thread poster: Deborah Shannon

Deborah Shannon  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:37
Member (2002)
German to English
Sep 5, 2002

Maybe I\'m just exceptionally lazy, but after the effort of typing (or possibly pasting in) the search term, I find those long drop-down language-pair menus too much (I know, I know, two keystrokes is all that it takes... but still)

Whenever I visit that page, I think how convenient it would be to find the language settings and check boxes just as I left them the last time.

Would this be possible?

Direct link Reply with quote

Andy Watkinson
Spain
Local time: 17:37
Catalan to English
+ ...
New window Sep 6, 2002

Deborah,

One (rather primitive) way to do this would be to open the Search Glossaries page in a new window. Use your first window to browse the site (KudoZ, forums, etc...) and whenever you need to search for a new term, all you need do is open your second window and overwrite the previous term. The language settings will remain the same.

Andy.

Julie Preston  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:37
Italian to English
here's another exceptionally lazy person in full agreement! Sep 6, 2002

I\'ve thought the same many a time, but was too ashamed of my laziness to propose it! Good for you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How about custom settings for the Search Glossaries interface?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs