What\'s \"easy\" and what\'s \"pro\"?
Thread poster: Judith Kerman
Judith Kerman
Judith Kerman
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 8, 2002

I\'ve just joined, and it\'s a GREAT site. However, many of the words on the \"easy\" list lately have been highly technical, and no way something most speakers of the language would know. Does this matter? Personally, I read everything...

Also, where do questions go when they disappear from the lists? Are they always answered before they are taken off? I haven\'t noticed an archive.
[addsig]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:47
English to German
+ ...
Some additional info... Sep 8, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-09-08 04:45, kerman wrote:

I\'ve just joined, and it\'s a GREAT site. However, many of the words on the \"easy\" list lately have been highly technical, and no way something most speakers of the language would know. Does this matter? Personally, I read everything...

There are several aspects to this. \"Pro\" questions can only be asked by registered members - conversely, questions asked by... See more
Quote:

On 2002-09-08 04:45, kerman wrote:

There are several aspects to this. \"Pro\" questions can only be asked by registered members - conversely, questions asked by non-members (i.e. those not wishing to register, or using ProZ through another site interfacing with ProZ) are \"Easy\" by definition, regardless of content. Members with a certain minimum number of KudoZ (500, if I remember correctly - or was it 1,000?) and moderators are able to switch a question from \"Easy\" to \"Pro\" (and vice versa, BTW).

The other concept behind the distinction is used for your e-mail preferences: members can choose to receive e-mail notification of \"Pro\" questions, but not to receive e-mails for \"Easy\" (can\'t really imagine anyone using it the other way round).

Quote:

Also, where do questions go when they disappear from the lists? Are they always answered before they are taken off? I haven\'t noticed an archive.

There is an archive - and quite a big one! One of the main concepts behind ProZ.com is to build the \"dictionary of all dictionaries\".

The list is set to 50 entries by default - change it to 100 or 500, and see what happens. Also check the link to \"KudoZ glossaries\".

FAQ#5 explains what happens if an answer isn\'t graded - there are hardly any questions that remain unanswered. ▲ Collapse

Judith Kerman
Judith Kerman
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Sep 8, 2002

Thanks for your very clear explanation. I\'ll take a look at some of the older questions (sometime when/if I have time...

[addsig]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What\'s \"easy\" and what\'s \"pro\"?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »