Mobile menu

I like the localization feature in profiles, but...
Thread poster: Anthony Baldwin

Anthony Baldwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:03
Member (2006)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jul 19, 2006

Visitors should be able to choose which language they wish to read to view the profile. I don´t believe it should be automated by browser identification, but that there should be a selection of links, ie.:

View this profile in: English / Lang2 / Lang3

This way, a visitor might even compare several versions (or, at least those that pertain to a potential assignment) to evaluate a translator´s skill.

Direct link Reply with quote

Stuart Allsop  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 05:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
Excellent! Jul 19, 2006

I think that's a GREAT idea, Anthony! Excellent!

Tina Vonhof  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:03
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Great idea Jul 19, 2006

Great idea! I wanted to translate my profile, but couldn't figure out how to show both languages.

Joanna Borowska  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:03
English to Polish
Agree Jul 20, 2006

I also think that the visitors should be let to choose the language they want to view the profile in. That's why instead of localizing the content, I decided to add a custom tab with the Polish version of my main Profile page (Jęz. polski).

Anthony Baldwin wrote:

I don´t believe it should be automated by browser identification, but that there should be a selection of links, ie.:

View this profile in: English / Lang2 / Lang3

Yes, exactly!

Joanna

[Edited at 2006-07-20 03:29]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I like the localization feature in profiles, but...

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs