for days like today...
Thread poster: Rick Henry

Rick Henry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:29
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 26, 2002

I know this is probably low priority, especially today with all the load problems, but...

I went to the status page to check if todays problems had been acknowledged. They hadn\'t, although I\'m quite sure proZ staff were aware of the problem. Looking through past entries, it looks like everything has been entered after the fact (ie: once the problem has been resolved).

Would it be possible for proZ to at least ackowledge the problem on the status page, even though they don\'t know what\'s causing it, as soon as possible? I think it would go a long ways toward easing people\'s frustrations.

R.

==

Direct link Reply with quote

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:29
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Couldn't agree more Sep 26, 2002

Yes, they have problems, and we should be patient about waiting for them to be solved, but people do like to know what is going on. I checked \"Site status\" today and the last entry was for 16th September.

However, I posted the following in Bugs on 20th September. There has been no reply to it.

Sep 20 6:41am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following was among the answers to KudoZ question 274247, and I am posting it here because I am surprised that no-one appears to have mentioned it here or in either of the Technical Support forums. I checked \"Site status\" but there is no entry there since 16th September. Found same problems continuing when I checked my email this morning.

by Oleg Pashuk] Sep 19 7:20pm confidence:

What is wrong with ProZ site??? Can\'t even send \"agree\", etc.

---

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other pros opinions of this response:

agree diana bb: The same here. No questions, no powwow postings. And it\'s SOO SLOOOOWWW!

> I wish they fixed the site. People are wasting a lot of time needlessly, trying to open a page, etc. -

agree Nikon: I have no problems

> It is strange because downloads are slow, they \"freeze\" often, and even multiple copies of the answers are often seen. -

agree Natalia Dovzak: same here

> Who should we complain to? Something has to be done. -

agree Jack Slep: I can\'t even open the page, have to cut and paste from email. Wasting time, ready to quit...

> There is definitely a problem -

agree zmejka: I guess we\'re becoming very popular, and the servers can\'t handle the traffic very well...

> Who is responsible for the site maintenance? -

agree Jack Doughty: Yes, email notifications running about four hours late for me.

> To everybody: So, how can we make them to upgrade the site???? -

agree Tatiana Neroni: Happened to me several times today.

> And not only today... -

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

for days like today...

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs