Editing of KudoZ answers (staff: 'no plans to do this')
Thread poster: Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:31
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Oct 3, 2002

Would it be possible to make provision for answerers of KudoZ questions to edit their own answers as well as/instead of adding notes? If this can be done for Forum postings, I doubt if it would be a great problem to provide the same facility for KudoZ answers.

The adding notes system works well enough when there is specific information or opinion to be added, but where it is just a matter of correcting one or two typing errors, I feel it would be more satisfactory if one could go back
... See more
Would it be possible to make provision for answerers of KudoZ questions to edit their own answers as well as/instead of adding notes? If this can be done for Forum postings, I doubt if it would be a great problem to provide the same facility for KudoZ answers.

The adding notes system works well enough when there is specific information or opinion to be added, but where it is just a matter of correcting one or two typing errors, I feel it would be more satisfactory if one could go back to one\'s original answer text and edit it.
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:31
English to German
+ ...
Sounds good, but there are drawbacks... Oct 3, 2002

...I remember a discussion about a year ago, with pretty much the same topic. The general opinion was that participants would probably correct what was an incorrect answer, based on subsequent answers provided by others.

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 05:31
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
I understand the idea but... Oct 4, 2002

I don\'t think it would work.

But whenever we need to change something that we don\'t want at all there is the possibility of hiding the answer and writing another one, but we loose the ranking.

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:31
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Thanks for replies Oct 4, 2002

Yes, I hadn\'t thought of the possible problems you have all mentioned. I can now see that it would not be such a good idea, so forget it!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing of KudoZ answers (staff: 'no plans to do this')

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »