Give more space for Kudoz feedback for low grades ('ok, set to 255 characters')
Thread poster: Dierk Seeburg
Dierk Seeburg
Dierk Seeburg  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:28
German to English
+ ...
Jun 3, 2001

Hi Henry,

How about adding more space to the comment area when giving Kudoz feedback for low grades? I saw this suggestion in a different forum, just posting it here in case you didn\'t see it.

Cheerio,

Dierk

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-06-07 14:20]

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 03:28
SITE FOUNDER
Jun 3, 2001

First of all, Dierk, thanks for suggesting the peer grader comment option. It seems to be adding another dimension to KudoZ.

My intent in making the peer grade comment area so short (60 characters) was

(1) To encourage the crystallization of feedback into the most important point or two

(2) To keep the page compact and easy to read

But a number of people have now suggested increasing the length. So I have doubled it to 120 characters
... See more
First of all, Dierk, thanks for suggesting the peer grader comment option. It seems to be adding another dimension to KudoZ.

My intent in making the peer grade comment area so short (60 characters) was

(1) To encourage the crystallization of feedback into the most important point or two

(2) To keep the page compact and easy to read

But a number of people have now suggested increasing the length. So I have doubled it to 120 characters. Lets see how this affects things...
Collapse

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:28
French to English
Jun 3, 2001

Excellent idea. Perhaps reduces the number of replies which in some cases were just comments anyway.

Roomy Naqvy
Roomy Naqvy  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 12:58
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jun 3, 2001

Henry,

120 characters is an excellent idea. In any case, the idea of feedback itself is a good one. Let\'s see how it shapes up.

CLS Lexi-tech
CLS Lexi-tech
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 14, 2001

Would it be possible to have the name of the peer doing the grading appear automatically?

thanks

paola l m

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Jun 19, 2001

Quote:

On 2001-06-14 11:25, ludovici wrote:

Would it be possible to have the name of the peer doing the grading appear automatically?

That topic is being discussed under the heading:

Peer grading should not be anonymous.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Give more space for Kudoz feedback for low grades ('ok, set to 255 characters')

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »