Please give us the old profile back...
Thread poster: Bonita Mc Donald
Bonita Mc Donald
Bonita Mc Donald
Local time: 18:44
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 13, 2006

either as the default or at least with the ability to choose which one we want as the default profile -the old one or the new one- PLEASE!

Galina F
Galina F
United States
Local time: 20:44
English to Russian
+ ...
I agree Sep 13, 2006

I felt the same, Bonita, when I saw the new profile. The old one was comfortable showing my rates and the forums I've posted at.
Yes, it would be good to have the option of choosing the default profile format.

[Редактировалось 2006-09-13 22:54]

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:44
English to Turkish
+ ...
Actually, you do have that option Sep 14, 2006

It is true that site links will increasingly point to new profiles (as already started with the forums), but you will keep the option of making either one default. Please see this forum for details. And you can use either URL in outside links - for instance, if you link to your Proz profile from your e-mail signature or business card, you can use the URL with either PRO/TRANSLATOR or PROFI... See more
It is true that site links will increasingly point to new profiles (as already started with the forums), but you will keep the option of making either one default. Please see this forum for details. And you can use either URL in outside links - for instance, if you link to your Proz profile from your e-mail signature or business card, you can use the URL with either PRO/TRANSLATOR or PROFILE there.

Also, if you are a member, you can choose which profile will be pointed to from the Internet search engines (=> go to the "Settings" tab in the new profile, click "Search engine settings" and choose "Preferred URL format" at the bottom).

Regards,
Özden

Bonita Mc Donald wrote:

either as the default or at least with the ability to choose which one we want as the default profile -the old one or the new one- PLEASE!

[Edited at 2006-09-14 17:54]
Collapse

Galina F
Galina F
United States
Local time: 20:44
English to Russian
+ ...
Thank you Sep 14, 2006

Thank you, Ozden:)

Bonita Mc Donald
Bonita Mc Donald
Local time: 18:44
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great info Sep 15, 2006

Özden Arıkan wrote:

It is true that site links will increasingly point to new profiles (as already started with the forums), but you will keep the option of making either one default. Please see this forum for details. And you can use either URL in outside links - for instance, if you link to your Proz profile from your e-mail signature or business card, you can use the URL with either PRO/TRANSLATOR or PROFILE there.

Also, if you are a member, you can choose which profile will be pointed to from the Internet search engines (=> go to the "Settings" tab in the new profile, click "Search engine settings" and choose "Preferred URL format" at the bottom).

Regards,
Özden

Bonita Mc Donald wrote:

[Edited at 2006-09-14 17:54]

Hello from California, Ozden, and thank you for your thoughtful reply. This is very useful information that I wasn't aware of, and I'll certainly be using that "Search engine settings" option once I renew my ProZ platinum membership. I believe there have been a lot of other posts on the same subject. Maybe ProZ could post this info for a while on the home page, plainly visible, so the website's community can know that they have this option?

Anyway, thanks again. Best regards,

Bonnie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please give us the old profile back...

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »