Mobile menu

Could we have polls for Non-English forums?
Thread poster: Balaban Cerit

Balaban Cerit  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:22
English to Turkish
+ ...
Sep 19, 2006

I checked the previous suggestions in this forum with the search function, it seems that this has not been suggested before - if it has, please accept my apologies.

I like the polls on the main page of the site, some are very useful, some are fun. I answer all of them.

However sometimes I really feel a need for Turkish polls - this is not primarily related to the need to ask questions in Turkish, but more about asking questions that have significance for Turkish speaking translators and/or translators living in Turkey. I have several such polls in mind and these would be rather out of place on the main page.

I think all language communities on Proz would benefit from such polls.

As for the regulation of these polls, I suppose they could be regulated just like the poll function on the main page. One obvious choice is to let the forum moderators of that specific language regulate these polls.

The place of these polls is another issue but I have a suggestion for that - a link (or some other linked graphic) to these polls could be placed on the main page of each non-English forum. Of course this is just a suggestion, somebody else might come up with a more bright idea.

[Edited at 2006-09-19 18:23]

Direct link Reply with quote

JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 07:22
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I hope your suggestion is implemented. Sep 19, 2006

I'm not directly affected, though I can see lots of scope for quick polls directed to the Spanish community. It's a great idea! I hope it works out.

Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:22
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Agree Sep 19, 2006

Ciao Balaban,

I like your suggestion. It would be good to know how a specific language community answers a poll. Turks or mexicans or palestinians could spread their cultural approaches in answers.

But if the poll is placed in the frontpage, it will be answered by Turks. In that case we would be segmenting Proz (still more )

Anyway, I like your idea. The FIFA site has placed its polls in some languages: spanish, english, german, french, portugese, italian, korean, japanese, chinese and sometimes the results vary. Wouldn't be better these polls inside each language forum?

Have a nice day

Balasubramaniam L.  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:52
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
I agree Sep 20, 2006

I would like to see polls in Hindi to know more about the problems and situations faced by fellow Hindi translators.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Could we have polls for Non-English forums?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs