Thread poster: Carla Trapani
Carla Trapani
Carla Trapani
Local time: 09:35
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 14, 2002

Hi everybody

it happens to me quite often to look for a short word in the glossary (\"cap\", for example) and the search results in many other words containing \"cap\".

A suggestion: what about adding a \"match whole word only\"-box in the search function?

Have a nice week,

Carla

Rick Henry
Rick Henry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:35
Italian to English
+ ...
While not the ideal solution, it works... Oct 14, 2002

when you do your search, just include a space after \"cap\" so it would be \"cap \", or surround the word with spaces \" cap \".

R.

==

Quote:

On 2002-10-14 16:50, Saxo wrote:

Hi everybody

it happens to me quite often to look for a short word in the glossary (\"cap\", for example) and the search results in many other words ... See more
when you do your search, just include a space after \"cap\" so it would be \"cap \", or surround the word with spaces \" cap \".

R.

==

Quote:

On 2002-10-14 16:50, Saxo wrote:

Hi everybody

it happens to me quite often to look for a short word in the glossary (\"cap\", for example) and the search results in many other words containing \"cap\".

A suggestion: what about adding a \"match whole word only\"-box in the search function?

Have a nice week,

Carla

Collapse

Carla Trapani
Carla Trapani
Local time: 09:35
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
good suggestion Oct 15, 2002

Thank you Rick,

I had never thought about it

Have a nice day,

Carla

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:35
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
I've been having problems too Oct 16, 2002

Yes, a good idea, but I have had some nonsensical results bearing no relation to the term sought at all. See my posting \"Terms Search\" in \"Bugs\".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kudoz glossary search function

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »