https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/57124-deduction_of_browniz.html

Deduction of Browniz
Thread poster: nikia
nikia
nikia  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:00
Persian (Farsi) to English
Oct 9, 2006

The other day I put in a bid for a job which I paid for with Browniz points. A couple of hours later, I got a message saying that the job itself was suspended. I don't quite know what that means, I think the outsourcer found out the job was no longer available.

In any case, I still got deducted a hundred points for bidding, which doesn't seem quite fair. It seems that if the outsourcer withdrew the job, those of us who bid for it should get back our browniz, or at least some of the
... See more
The other day I put in a bid for a job which I paid for with Browniz points. A couple of hours later, I got a message saying that the job itself was suspended. I don't quite know what that means, I think the outsourcer found out the job was no longer available.

In any case, I still got deducted a hundred points for bidding, which doesn't seem quite fair. It seems that if the outsourcer withdrew the job, those of us who bid for it should get back our browniz, or at least some of them.
Collapse

Manuel Rossetti (X)
Manuel Rossetti (X)
Local time: 07:00
brownies deduction Oct 10, 2006

nikia wrote:

In any case, I still got deducted a hundred points for bidding, which doesn't seem quite fair. It seems that if the outsourcer withdrew the job, those of us who bid for it should get back our browniz, or at least some of them.

True

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:00
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
But you still placed your bid before the job was closed? Oct 10, 2006

The 100 browniz "fee" is paid for placing the bid, not for being awarded the job, so when the outsourcer closes the job even without awarding the contract to any bidder, the fee is still applicable.

BTW, members (Platinum) do not pay browniz for bidding.

Magda

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 02:00
English
I will implement something this week to keep the system fair Oct 10, 2006

Hi Nikia,

Could you please send me the message you received saying the job was suspended? ( http://www.proz.com/?sp=mailsend&eid_s=100058 )

If the job was pulled by ProZ.com staff, or moderators, and not the outsourcer, I would agree that a BrowniZ 'refund' would be in order.

Thanks for writing in!

Best regards,
Justin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deduction of Browniz

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »