Peer comment entry windows should be larger.
Thread poster: Jon Zuber (X)
Jon Zuber (X)
Jon Zuber (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 20, 2001

Would it be possible to make these windows the size of the largest allowable block of text so we don\'t have to go scrolling back and forth to edit bits that are out of sight?

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 00:44
English to Dutch
+ ...
and should enable longer comments Nov 27, 2001

Not that I really care that much, but when I do peer grade someone with a \'disagree\' without stating in full why I disagree, I very often (& immediately) get negative responses/reactions.

200 characters often don\'t do it for me when I have to clarify why I do disagree.

Or maybe some of us should start interpreting the \'disagree\' the way it was meant to be: \'no offence, but I think this or that should be translated by \'this or that\' because of this or that..
... See more
Not that I really care that much, but when I do peer grade someone with a \'disagree\' without stating in full why I disagree, I very often (& immediately) get negative responses/reactions.

200 characters often don\'t do it for me when I have to clarify why I do disagree.

Or maybe some of us should start interpreting the \'disagree\' the way it was meant to be: \'no offence, but I think this or that should be translated by \'this or that\' because of this or that...\'

And why do certain people feel they should \'thank\' someone each time for having agreed to this or that? Especially when rather obvious answers were given.

\'Boot-licking\'?

Richard Bavry commented on the same in another forum. Liked it

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-11-27 05:51 ]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Peer comment entry windows should be larger.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »