Thread poster: Jacques DP

Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 22:46
Member (2003)
English to French
Oct 17, 2006

Hello,

I think that all the alternate profile view thing (standard view, modern view, your favorite view, the author's favorite view, his mother-in-law's favorite view, etc.) is no good.

The whole point of profiles is that they always have the same form, so that one can easily compare them and find the information.

I'm sure there is a long history of discussing this, and probably several philosophical schools with (by now) numerous schisms, and I am sorry I am not assiduous enough in these fora to know them, but here they are anyway, my two eurocents.

Thanks, keep up the good work,

Jacques

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alternate profile views not a good idea

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs