Thread poster: CristinaPereira

CristinaPereira  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:52
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 25, 2006

Hi everyone,

I’d like to make a suggestion to Proz.com, which is dividing the current “working languages” setting into “working languages” and something like “languages of interest”. This is because I have 6 pairs of “working languages” but I only really work in 4. But I like to answer to Kudoz questions in the other two, because I think I can help when the questions have to do with my fields of expertise. And I do have points in these language pairs. The trouble is that sometimes I receive e-mails from outsourcers asking for my collaboration in these pairs I don’t work in and I have to tell them so. And it looks very unprofessional, of course, because my profile states that I work in these languages and I also have points in them.

Are there other people feeling the same? Also, I don't know if it would be easily feasible. Thanks in advance for any input.

Cristina

Direct link Reply with quote

Thomas Pfann  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Already possible Oct 25, 2006

What you can do is select additional language pairs in your profile but activate the option "Hide language pair from profile".

That way, the additional language pairs are added to "your languages" (ie. they are included when you want to view KudoZ questions in your language pairs only), but they are not listed as your "working languages" and are not visible in your profile.

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 06:52
SITE FOUNDER
Yes, already possible... Oct 25, 2006

... but obviously not clear enough, and perhaps not possible at all in the new quick profile updater. We'll clarify. Thank you for bringing this up.

In the meantime, please use this page and follow Thomas' instructions.

CristinaPereira  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Oct 25, 2006

Thank you, Thomas and Henry. So simple!

I already edited my languages and also took the chance to edit other details I wasn't aware of before.

I did it before your reply, Henry, I mean, I didn't follow the link you provided, so I guess everything's fine.

Thanks again,

Cristina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Working languages vs Languages of interest

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs