Kudoz: asker should identify target audience or regional language variant
Thread poster: BelkisDV

BelkisDV  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:29
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 20, 2006

Askers identifying their target market and/or whether it is a neutral term in X language instead of a regional one?

Rgds,
Belkis

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-12-23 15:31]

Direct link Reply with quote

sarahjeanne
Brazil
Local time: 02:29
Portuguese to English
+ ...
a good idea Dec 20, 2006

i think that's an excellent idea. also, i don't know about the other languages, but when you answer in english you need to specify between US or UK and in portuguese, between PT and BR when you answer, yet this information doesn't show up in the answer. why have a field to specify when it's not even included in the final answer? it seems kind of stupid.

BelkisDV  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sara Dec 20, 2006

I agree with you, we have to identify the target language, so the Asker should also identify the source/target in order to get proper answers.

Cheers!
Belkis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
I second the idea Dec 20, 2006

I think a target country/region field should be compulsory at least for certain languages. It would be extremely useful for the asker, the answerers and for all KudoZ users in general.

Tim Drayton  Identity Verified
Cyprus
Local time: 06:29
Turkish to English
+ ...
Not so sure Dec 21, 2006

I think most of the innovations that are introduced just make it less user firendly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kudoz: asker should identify target audience or regional language variant

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs