An Idea for Promotion of
Thread poster: Oleg Prots

Oleg Prots  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:36
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Nov 10, 2002

I\'ve read quite a lot of forum postings recently and I came across a complaint in some thread, that is mainly used by English-speaking customers (and that makes it difficult for those not translating in or out of English to get jobs).

Hence I have a suggestion (I apologize in advance if something like this had already been implemented - how could I know?):

Once there are different language versions of, wouldn\'t it make sense to polish them to the presentation level and advertise in German-, Spanish-, French-, and-whatever-other-language-speaking Internet via banners in corresponding languages?

This might bring more interested customers in.

Unfortunately, I would hardly be able to provide any help on implementation of this idea, as Ukrainian- and Russian-speaking Internet is more likely to provide more translators with low rates (I\'ve seen lots of complaints on this matter too)...

Thank you for your time and attention.

Any comments welcome!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

An Idea for Promotion of

Advanced search

Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs