Thread poster: Oleg Prots

Oleg Prots  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 23:13
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Nov 10, 2002

I\'ve read quite a lot of forum postings recently and I came across a complaint in some thread, that ProZ.com is mainly used by English-speaking customers (and that makes it difficult for those not translating in or out of English to get jobs).

Hence I have a suggestion (I apologize in advance if something like this had already been implemented - how could I know?):

Once there are different language versions of ProZ.com, wouldn\'t it make sense to polish them to the presentation level and advertise ProZ.com in German-, Spanish-, French-, and-whatever-other-language-speaking Internet via banners in corresponding languages?

This might bring more interested customers in.

Unfortunately, I would hardly be able to provide any help on implementation of this idea, as Ukrainian- and Russian-speaking Internet is more likely to provide more translators with low rates (I\'ve seen lots of complaints on this matter too)...

Thank you for your time and attention.

Any comments welcome!

Oleg

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

An Idea for Promotion of ProZ.com

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs