https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/6256-an_idea_for_promotion_of_prozcom.html

An Idea for Promotion of ProZ.com
Thread poster: Oleg Prots
Oleg Prots
Oleg Prots  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 23:27
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Nov 10, 2002

I\'ve read quite a lot of forum postings recently and I came across a complaint in some thread, that ProZ.com is mainly used by English-speaking customers (and that makes it difficult for those not translating in or out of English to get jobs).

Hence I have a suggestion (I apologize in advance if something like this had already been implemented - how could I know?):

Once there are different language versions of ProZ.com, wouldn\'t it make sense to polis
... See more
I\'ve read quite a lot of forum postings recently and I came across a complaint in some thread, that ProZ.com is mainly used by English-speaking customers (and that makes it difficult for those not translating in or out of English to get jobs).

Hence I have a suggestion (I apologize in advance if something like this had already been implemented - how could I know?):

Once there are different language versions of ProZ.com, wouldn\'t it make sense to polish them to the presentation level and advertise ProZ.com in German-, Spanish-, French-, and-whatever-other-language-speaking Internet via banners in corresponding languages?

This might bring more interested customers in.

Unfortunately, I would hardly be able to provide any help on implementation of this idea, as Ukrainian- and Russian-speaking Internet is more likely to provide more translators with low rates (I\'ve seen lots of complaints on this matter too)...

Thank you for your time and attention.

Any comments welcome!

Oleg
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

An Idea for Promotion of ProZ.com

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »